ZyRed is a three column WordPress theme with flexible width. The content column has a minimum width of 468 pixel, making the theme well prepared for ad placement.
This theme is under the GPL licence. So you are free to change it. It is completely optional, but if you like the ZyRed theme I would appreciate it if you keep the credit link at the bottom or somewhere else on your blog.
This version of ZyRed is a updated version of my ZyRed theme version 2.7.3.
There were a huge number of changes under the hood. So make a backup of your old ZyRed Theme before installing this updated version.
- three columns
- translation ready; english and german language included
Download: ZyRed 3.0.1
It’s very easy. Just extract the ZyRed folder from the ZIP file to your theme directory. Then activate the theme in wordpress.
Important if you update from ZyRed 2.7.3 and earlier versions
The previous styling of the HTML *title* tag is gone, as it was not flexible enough to work with SEO plugins. I suggest to use a good SEO plugin and style the title tags on your own.
To make the new menu system work, I had to set a fixed width for the menu. It’s now 1000px wide. If anybody knows how to make the menu work without the fixed width, please let me know.
The theme is prepared for localization. Only one file needs to be translated. Read more information about localizing wordpress themes here.
- Extended additions to the old theme to match the wordpress.org guidelines
- Updated various wordpress functions used in this theme to their lates version – no more deprecated calls.
- Complete rewrite of the menu-handling. The menu is now based on the default wordpress menu functions
- The menu is no longer a two level system. Instead it’s a drop down menu supporting more than two hierarchy levels
- Rewrite of the widget styling. Within the last couple of wordpress versions the css styles applied to the widgets changed. Now the navigation areas are pretty again.
- Footprint of the theme is reduced even more. Images and stylesheets are reduced to a minimum.
- Now with valid XHTML Markup
- Now includes Yahoo YUI CSS Reset & Base framework